Root Canal Therapy (referred to as Endodontics) is the area of dentistry that deals with the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of infected soft tissue by replacing it with an artificial inert ‘filling’ material. The treatment aims to save the diseased or injured teeth.
At Aesthetic Dentistry, Dr. Gino advices you Root Canal Treatment, if you are suffering from the following situations:
1. Persistent toothache while chewing food
2. Darkening of the tooth or change in its color
3. Sudden toothache while having hot or cold items
4. Swelling of the gums around the tooth
5. Tooth fracture (due to trauma)
6. Tenderness in lymph nodes
Root Canal Therapy is needed when the nerve of a tooth becomes infected or diseased. In such cases, it gets evident to remove the nerve of the tooth. When a patient’s tooth pulp gets irritated, bacteria begin to grow within the tooth, which causes pain, facial swelling and other difficulties. If a Root Canal is not conducted timely, the bacteria would start destroying the pulp, which would eventually infect the bone structure around the tooth and inevitably lead to tooth loss.
Many patients look for dental help after the pain has set in, and a root canal becomes the only feasible treatment to save the tooth. But, this is not a wise decision, as such situations can be prevented prior to their occurrence by visiting dental offices for regular checkups.
Throughout your Root Canal Therapy, the team at Aesthetic Dentistry will ensure you the following:
1. Every possible step is absolutely painless and extremely comfortable
2. Your every question and query is answered
3. The treatment gets completed in a single sitting (within half an hour)
4. The treatment being performed by experienced Endodontists
5. Our working together as a team to preserve your teeth
If you have a toothache or infection, schedule an appointment with us. We will look at your tooth and talk about further treatments. A root canal therapy can prevent more severe dental complications and relieve you from pain.