Do you avoid smiling in public just because you’re afraid of exposing your stained and crooked teeth? You don’t need to worry anymore because now you can get your smile back with the help of cosmetic dentistry.
What is Cosmetic Dentistry?
Cosmetic dentistry involves the use of all those dental procedures that are aimed at improving your smile and facial esthetics. Whether you need to get rid of your crooked teeth or you are looking for an esthetic restoration of excessive gaps between your teeth, cosmetic dentistry is here to help you!
Who Can Benefit From Cosmetic Dentistry?
You can benefit from cosmetic dental procedure, if you any of the following dental problems:
- Teeth stains
- Crooked or chipped Teeth
- Excessive gaps between adjacent teeth (diastema)
- Deformed teeth
- Dark gums
How Can Cosmetic Dentistry Help You?
Cosmetic dentistry offers a wide range of dental procedures that can help you get a beautiful smile and a charming personality:
- Professional Teeth Whitening – do you want to get rid of the coffee, tea and tobacco stains on your teeth? With the help of a professional teeth whitening procedure, you can again enjoy a beautiful smile by getting pearly white teeth. In teeth whitening, a mild bleaching agent, usually carbamide peroxide is used, which penetrates beneath the enamel layer of your teeth and dissolves your teeth stains.
- Veneers – veneers are very thin shells that are attached to the front surfaces of your teeth, so as to hide your permanently stained or crooked teeth. Veneers can also be used to cosmetically restore teeth that have excessive gap between them. Veneers are usually made in the dental laboratory from composites or porcelain.
- Crowns – a crown is a tooth shaped cap-like structure that rests over the surface of prepared teeth. Dental crowns are used for reinforcing mechanically weakened or fractured teeth. They can also be used for masking the effect of permanent teeth stains that cannot be removed through a professional teeth whitening procedure.
- Bridges – a dental bridge is a fixed dental appliance that is used for replacing multiple missing teeth and derives its support and retention from the adjacent natural teeth on the either sides. In comparison to the removable denture, bridges provide an esthetics, reliable and durable replacement option for the missing teeth.
- Dental Implants – since your dental implants feel just like your natural teeth, therefore they are gaining widespread popularity as the most reliable replacement option for missing teeth. In addition, very high quality prostheses can be placed over dental implants. As a result, they provide the highest esthetics among all the teeth replacement options.
- Gingival Bleaching and Surgery – most people are not happy with the color of appearance of their gums. In these cases, gingival bleaching can be performed to reduce the tone of the gums. Additionally, in excess or under exposure of the gums can be esthetically corrected with the help of gingival surgery, in which the gums are re-attached to their appropriate position.